Chemo hats are specially designed head coverings for individuals undergoing chemotherapy.
1. They are made from soft, breathable materials to provide comfort to sensitive scalps.
Because these hats are preferred by people who have lost their hair due to chemotherapy, the must-have feature for these hats is softness. Breathable fabrics such as Bamboo and Cotton are preferred.
2. Chemo hats can help regulate body temperature during chemotherapy treatments.
Side effects of chemotherapy include sensitivity to temperature whether cold or hot. During hot or cold weather some chemotherapy patients find it difficult to sleep. This sensitivity is increased by the loss of hair. Hence some patients find sleep hats useful to negate this effect.
3. Some chemo hats are reversible, offering versatile style options.
Hats for chemotherapy can be very niche products, but that doesn’t mean there is little variety in the industry. There are many product options to spice it up! Reversible chemo hats offer flexibility for those who are looking for something different.
4. They come in various sizes to accommodate different head shapes and sizes.
Though generally chemo hats are offered in one size fits all, we offer chemo hats for large heads and for small heads.
5. Chemo hats are also for men
Though most male patients tend not to try to conceal the hair loss, the typical beanies for men may have inner stitchings and tags which can cause irritation to the scalp of a chemotherapy patient. For these reasons, many people may prefer specialized hats. Chemo hats for men are made of much softer materials than regular beanies and have none of the things mentioned that irritate the scalp.
6. Some chemo hats have built-in UPF protection to shield the scalp from the sun
UPF stands for Ultraviolet Protection Factor which indicates how much UV radiation reaches underneath the fabric into the skin. For sunny weather, we highly suggest wearing sun-protective chemo hats as the scalp is usually not used to being exposed to the sun, thus making it very sensitive to sunlight.