There is a lot of buzz around Remy human hair wigs. They are known to be the most expensive type of wigs one can get. What is Remi hair? Are they worth the price tag? Without further due let’s look into what Remy hair is.
What is Remy Human Hair? (Sometimes spelt as Remi)
Remy hair is a hairpiece or wig that is also made of real human hair with the cuticle still intact. So if a product is described as ‘Remy’ you can be assured it is not synthetic.
The main difference between Remy hair and human hair wigs is that when Remy hair is collected the cuticle is still intact. This is a key difference. Every strand in Remy hair goes in the same direction. What does this mean? This has several advantages over non-Remy hair and human hair:
- Natural cuticle means the hair will not tangle. Non-Remy wigs have artificial cuticles made from silicon. After use, the silicon will begin to wash out and the wig will start to tangle.
- The cuticle keeps the hair moisturised so you can avoid the dry wig look
- It keeps the wig silky smooth and shiny
- Natural cuticle, as opposed to the artificial cuticle, allows the hair to move and flow more naturally
- Remy Hair lasts longer than regular Human Hair wigs. Remy Hair tends to still look fresh even months later, but it requires more care than regular human hair. Make sure you follow the guidelines in the package to keep your Remy hair looking fresh.
Remy Hair can be dyed, like regular human hair wigs. However, Remy Hair’s top-quality comes at a higher cost. So make sure you know what you’re doing before attempting to dye Remy wigs or have a professional dye it for you.
?Click to see our selection of Human Hair Remy wigs
How do I know if a product is really Remi Hair?
Since Remy and regular human hair wigs are both made of real hair, it may be more difficult to distinguish between them. Since the industry is not as regulated, there will be some attempting to sell non-Remy hair as Remy hair. There are few ways to make a rough judgement to see if the product is Remy hair;
1- Run your fingers up and down the wig very gently pinching the strands. If it feels smooth going down and rougher going up, that is Remy Hair. If it feels smooth both ways. That means the cuticle has been removed, thus the product is not Remy human hair.
2- Compare the root colour to the colour of the hair tips (works for hair extensions). Since Remy Hair hair means all hair is going in one direction, the colour difference between the roots and the tips will be much more distinct. Non-Remy hair, however, the root and the hair tip colour will look the same because the hair direction is mixed.
3- Click for visual differences of Remy hair
Remy Hair is currently one of the highest quality wigs available today. It is an investment and it can last up to a year. If you are going for the most natural-looking wig Remy hair is currently one of the best out there.
Currently, Remy Hair (or Remy Human Hair; Remy by default means its made of real human hair), is the top quality feature. They are the highest quality of wigs available and thus cost more.